If you need to activate or deactivate an agent or restrict access to Tymeshift to certain agents. Deactivating an agent won’t impact their ability to use Zendesk. A deactivated agent will not be able to access Tymeshift, and their time will not be tracked. You will also not be charged by Tymeshift for the deactivated agents’ accounts.
Note: you need to have Admin Rights enabled within Agent Permissions to use these features.
The Permitted Users feature allows you to restrict access to your Tymeshift account, so it is only available to certain users without requiring you to deactivate each agent manually.
Important: we highly recommend using this feature, as if you do not set the Permitted Users list and forget to deactivate users manually, you will be automatically billed for all new active users after Zendesk and Tymeshift sync.
To access Permitted Users, please follow these steps:
- Go to Admin .
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Show Advanced Options.
- Scroll down until you see Allow/Deny list for Agents.
- Select the users you want to exclude/include in Tymeshift by selecting Not/That Are permitted.
- Add the email addresses of the agents you want to exclude/include.
- Click Save and wait for a pop up "Saved" to appear.
Note: the account owner should also be on the Permitted Users list. Any new users added when Zendesk and Tymeshift sync will automatically be disabled if they are not on the allowed list.
You can activate or deactivate users in Tymeshift manually in a few ways.
- Go to Admin .
- Click on Agent Permissions and you can continue with any of the two options below:
- Click on Agent Status in the Agent Permissions list to either Activate or Deactivate the user.
- Or you can go use our search bar in the Agent Permissions list :
- Find the team member you want to modify.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Activate or Deactivate button.
Note: you will be able to see the historical data collected for the deactivated agents in our reports.
Zendesk and Tymeshift will sync new users every 24 hours. If you can't wait until the next scheduled sync, you can manually update the list by following these steps:
- Click on Admin .
- Go to Agent Permissions .
- Click on the Refresh Agents icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
Important: if you downgrade the Agent in your Zendesk instance to an End User role, we will automatically deactivate this agent in Tymeshift. Do note that this may take up to 12 hours for the system to register the user has been downgraded in Zendesk. In case you upgrade an End User to an Agent in Zendesk, Tymeshift will automatically activate this agent (it may take ~30 minutes for the sync to complete). If you delete Agent on Zendesk and after a while creates a new Agent with the same email address, we will create a second profile for this agent - an old one, which will be deactivated, and a new one, which will be active.